One might ask, ‘’What’s the advantage of having a local family violence crisis center? Isn’t there one in the next county?’’
Let’s make a list, shall we?
- No need to drive miles to the next county. Our office is located in Bowie.
- Personal attention and on-going support from advocates who make their home in Montague County
- Familiarity with much needed resources locally and contact information for those out of our vicinity who are ready to aid in the re-establishment of a non-abusive lifestyle
- A cooperative working arrangement with local law enforcement entities and the court system
- A local Crisis Hotline that is answered 24-7 by qualified personnel to aid in every situation
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities to bring about a better, and therefore more compassionate, understanding of the many facets of an abusive relationship.
As part of DVAM (Domestic Violence Awareness Month), Wise Hope Crisis Center of Montague County will host a Candlelight Vigil on Oct. 10, from 6:30-7:30, p.m. to honor those who lost their lives in a domestic dispute.
It will be held at Mary Beckham Davis Park’s Gazebo on Clay Street. The Proclamation will be read, and a survivor will tell of her journey out of her abuse nightmare. Candles will be provided.
For info, phone 940-531-4003, Monday-Thursday, 9-5; or look for us on Facebook: Wise Hope Crisis Center-Montague County.